Unsolved homicides and cold cases are complex.
Some of the basic efforts we would pursue include the following:
- Locate, organize and read all the case materials.
- Develop an investigative outline.
- Acquire a prosecutorial opinion if possible.
- Complete a biography sheet on all subjects associated with the case.
- Schedule re-interviews.
- Identify all forensic evidence and lab reports.
- Acquire all cell phone Call Detail Records and Cell Phone Tower records, if available.
- Develop an investigative timeline and case synopsis.
- Develop a victimology assessment.
- Assess the effectiveness of media coverage to highlight the case and attempt to generate new leads.